Found this recipe on Things My Belly Likes and found it too interesting (if that’s the right word?) not to share.
Chocolate and healthy Probiotics? What’s not to like.
Sauerkraut Brownies (makes 24)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 5 large eggs
- 3 tbsps honey
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup of Hamptons Brine sauerkraut
- Thoroughly rinse and drain your sauerkraut to remove the taste of vinegar. Finely chop it or put in a food processor and blitz for a few seconds. Set aside.
- Sieve the coconut flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and honey. Stir in the melted butter (make sure it’s at room temperature – you don’t want to cook the eggs).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry to form a runny batter. Gently fold in the sauerkraut.
- Smooth the batter into a greased or lined 8in x 8in baking dish.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes til firm. Remove and let cool before slicing.